Retail Selling Skills
A short 1-Day retail sales training course to help all retail sales personnel interact with customers in a more confident, professional and sales driven manner.
THIS COURSE WILL HELP YOU TO:
Make a good impression on customers and enhance the enjoyment of their shopping experience.
Approach customers in a retail setting and make a speedy assessment of their needs.
Keep customers engaged and retain their attention.
Add value to a transaction by implementing effective up-selling techniques.
Deal with customers who state that your prices are ‘too dear’.
Retain customers who are indecisive and express a desire to return another day.
• Putting selling back into retail
• The importance of attractive display and merchandising
• Creating a good impression (Appearance & grooming)
• Level and depth of product knowledge
• Approaching customers-Getting it right
• Developing rapport
• Gaining an understanding of the customer’s needs
• Questioning and listening skills
• Creating value options for the customer
• Closing the sale
• Handling objections
• Dealing with ‘price’
• Creating additional revenue (Up-selling and cross- selling)